Tuesday, November 8, 2011

So much going on, yet life sees so dull....

It's been a full week!
Even if I had wanted to do NaNoWriMo this year, there's not way I would have been able to. Between memorizing Ephesians (like I was supposed to have done in August...), Institute, driver's ed, school, training a puppy, and renewed efforts to get my writing moving in a serious direction.
I meant to post on Friday but only got one paragraph in before I walked away and forgot to come back. So, recap! (Yay.)
Driver's Ed has been going well. (At least, as well as can be expected.) Heather and I drove for the first time on Friday. Just a country cruise. I have an issue with breaking (especially knowing when to slow down) and staying in the middle of my lane. I'm a poor judge of distance. We also had to work around routes, which wasn't fun.
We just got back from our second time out. This time it was in the city and on the freeway a little, with parallel parking. That was exciting. At least our instructor is patient. I have to say, I think I did far better the first time. This time was fraught with blonde moments and silly blunders, like turning left when I meant to go right and my right turn signal was on and he had told me three times to go right and I'd double-checked the directions.... Sigh.
I'm not enjoying having to miss Pastor's class, mostly because it means I have to wait to get the DVD and then I have to remember to make time enough to watch it and do whatever assignment he gives. Thankfully, Bro. Mark is allowing for our being 5 minutes late or so and he's making it easy. (He had breadsticks and brownies ready for us when we rushed in last week.) Class is early on Wednesdays because it's at a church, which is great for us. It makes for long days on Thursdays, especially because we drive on a Thursday evening next week.
Wes left Bible study in the middle of it to get us, and we were able to get about the last 30 minutes of the lesson. (But it's really confusing coming in on the middle because it's in Revelation...). So we're figuring it out.
That was pretty much our week up until Saturday, when we went to a wedding for a couple from church. (Scary thing is that I was in youth group two years behind them.)
The bride had a whole bunch of Peter Pan references tied in here and there, lots of color and patterns, old books and buttons and candles (ha!) on the tables, a "wishing tree" where guests could hang little notes.... It was awesome, and beautiful.
I think that about sums up my week. Between all of the activities, I've kept busy with writing (distracted by my superhero project instead of more important things, but at least I'm writing), Sasha (she's brilliant, but she doesn't apply it positively), and trying to keep hold of what little sanity I have left.
Sad as it is, that's about all I have to say about my life right now. I feel so unaccomplished.
As always, I shall try to return within a few days to post something meaningful. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps I could share a story excerpt.

No comments:

Post a Comment