Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year, same old habits

Oh.
Hi.
Yeah. I feel like a total bum.
I can't even think about recapping. The very notion is painful. So I won't!
Well, not really. Maybe a little. What else do I usually have to blog about?
Our New Year celebrations were great. Up until midnight, ringing in the new year with sparkling grape juice and fireworks echoing through the city. Paper routes made it feel like any other day, but then we skipped Sunday school and only had a morning service at church and spent the rest of the day with friends. (Sasha hated that, because she was in her kennel for 9 hours.) There, we mostly played games and laughed until we cried and ate a bunch of junk food. Yay!
Other than that....
School is back in. I'm battling it out with math. Something about algebra simply does not click in my brain. Neither does the notion that it's all life applicable. Right. But I must suffer on. Get through June. Get through June. Then it's all over!
My personal challenge for the year (well, one of them) is to write two complete books. Technically, the challenge started in November, because that's when I started the book I'm currently working on. I'm guesstimating that's about 150,000 words, give or take. I have 9,500 now. That's about 550 a day from here to November. (I think. I can't trust my math.) The problem is looking at it as 550 a day, not 150,000 in 12 months. And then there's the part where I have a hard time finishing projects.
Um.... We got more snow (finally!), I'm now attending adult church on Sundays (still in Youth Group on Wednesdays), my youngest sister had a birthday, my puppy hasn't changed, I have five books on my "Currently Reading" list, and I got a new box of tea.
Yup. That's about it.
Summing it up like that makes me feel so under accomplished.
I'm still trying to figure out what I can do to motivate myself to blog more than once every week (or bi/tri-weekly, as the case has recently been). People say telling your friends about it is good motivation. I linked a few of my posts on facebook a while ago, but that didn't seem to work. What to do, what to do?
This literally was just a "checking in" post because chores are calling.

3 comments:

  1. We could keep each other accountable... but eventually we might run out of things to blog about...Either way; I'm still reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad somebody is still reading! (Well, besides my grandma, but I e-mail it to her so she can't miss it.) I have found that being accountable to someone else does work for me, but how do we do that in blogging? If you have a way, I'd love to hear about it! It might be what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.... I run out of topics rather quickly

    ReplyDelete