Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just because I said I would

I almost missed it.
The same week I set some guidelines (I mean real guidelines) for my blog and already I'm tempted to ignore them.
Like they say, habits die hard.
And, like I expected, I don't really have anything to write.
Naturally.
....
Yeah, I'm just staring at the screen trying to think of something. Between it being past my bedtime and Lost playing loudly in the background, I can't think.
I visited Gail Carson Levine's blog today. There was a post about author quirks, and she was talking about how she could write anywhere, anytime. Ha. Not me.
I can't concentrate with loud noises (or people who talk in a manner that demands you pay attention to them and nothing else), lots of activity, and more. I subconsciously built certain guidelines I act like I have to meet in order to accomplish anything. Well, eventually, if I'm able to settle into my work, I can do it if the conditions change, but that doesn't often happen.
Okay. I ran out of stuff to ramble about.
Can't. Think.
We're having another thaw here. It totally doesn't feel like January. More like late March. We got snow last week, but it all melted, and now there are puddles all over the yard. I'm sort of glad I don't have to wait for spring to get to properly use the rain boots I got for Christmas. Every time I take Sasha out, I splash around in the puddles like a little kid.
I was reminded recently on facebook that I always remember how to act like a kid: coloring outside the lines, singing off key, scribbling with chalk, wearing mismatching clothes.... Growing up is hard enough without forcing myself to stop having fun. (I know. I make it seem like growing up is this awful, nasty business that should be avoided at all costs. It's not like that. Sometimes it just gets a little confusing.)
So that Day Zero list I started a little more than a year ago.... I finally completed the list. The final item on the list: go puddle jumping. I've decided that, if the weather is right, that's one of the things I want to do on my birthday. (Yeah, I hope for rain on my birthday.)
Okay, I'm really not making any sense. I'll come back when I can actually form complex thoughts and I'm not trying to focus on Lost at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment