Friday, March 9, 2012

Cheesecake. That's about it.

Cream cheesey desserts are amazing. Not going to lie.
Why do I say that, you ask?
Because I had to blog about something and, at the moment, that's what's on my mind.
"Let me 'splain. No, there's too much. Let me sum up!"
There's a marriage seminar going on at our church this weekend, and I was called upon to make some desserts for tomorrow. A while ago I accidentally deleted my upwards-of-100-bookmarks for recipes, and....
That's not summing up.
In short, I went on a hunt for easy but delicious recipes to offer, and the end results were cheesecake cupcakes and cheesecake squares. I would have done brownie tartlets, but I couldn't find a recipe. I was also going to do scones, because I personally love them, but decided it didn't really work and I had enough with the other two recipes.
I told my youth pastor's wife (who had recruited my help in the first place) what my plans were, and she was very pleased to hear about the cheesecake. Which just confirms that first statement at the beginning of this ridiculous post.
I'm in one of those food moods. I don't know how most of this dessert will make it to the church tomorrow....
If I had a job (and I'm hoping that might be soon, because I have an application to fill out) I plan to use some of my new earned money to experiment with and try new recipes.
Now that I think about it, I might just make the scones anyway, so I can have them with some tea and feel totally British.
See? This is what happens when I have nothing whatsoever to blog about. Lesson learned: keep to the plan or everything fails, or at least results in personal embarrassment.
Well, I blogged. Now I should probably go make that dessert....

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I really greatly enjoyed this :) teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you did. Reading over it today, I realize that it makes even less sense than I originally thought. :)

    ReplyDelete